Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shelf Canyon

So it's beautiful down here for hiking right now. We've been doing a lot of it and loving it! We just live a few minutes from Snow Canyon and have been hiking there a couple times each week, but last weekend we went to Zion and did I hike I never knew about there. It's called Shelf Canyon and it's a slot canyon. It was a lot of fun and a great hike for teaching the boys how to do more 'technical' hiking (balancing your weight, etc.). Notice their little backpacks full of toys! CUTE!



Ha ha ha! Uh yeah, this is not a picture I would post, but I find it funny that Matt told me I'd have to crouch down a bit if I was going to fit Ella through. Looks like there's enough room to me... he's such a tease!
Notice the little stick in Cole's hand. The boys HAVE to have a stick when they hike. They just can't hike without one. So cute.

Matt helping everybody up a Big step. This was pretty interesting with Ella on my back and a low overhead. We didn't get any pictures of the more difficult sections of the hike... they were more intense and we didn't think of a picture till we were past it.

Slot canyons are just awesome! Trey was NOT in the mood for having his picture taken however. This was a first and really quite strange. He said he didn't like the cold rocks and that made him grumpy. :)

Ella and I on our way down! She was soooo tired, poor baby! She sacked out the second I put her in her car seat. Then we went to Sol Foods for lunch! Yummm. I LOVE their salad bar and literally ate 2 lbs. of food! (Yeah, they weighed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment