Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a fun time together today. We started off the day by doing some geo-caching, but the wind was pretty chilling so we didn't do as much as we wanted.

Matt then enjoyed waxing the cars (one of his favorite things to do :D) while I did some Valentine shopping (me and every other man in St. George, nothing was left).

Yikes! Not as bad as it looks.Matt got me a rose bush, I love it . . . "It's the flower that keeps on giving" Matt T.

The date was up to me this year :) and being that we have 3 kids and all potential babysitters have their own love life, we had our romantic dinner at home.
So I went to the fabric store, bought some chiffon and built our little ambiant restaurant. All the lights were off and with all the candles and fire inside our "cubby", you couldn't see the rest of the house.







It was dark enough that you couldn't see the mismatched candles ;), only the different height of
them. I had a Pandora playlist (from Matt's iphone) playing of "Feist". So, if you know Pandora, it takes the artist "Feist" and plays other music like artist you

chose, so convenient not having to make my own sexy playlist. They did all the work for me.







-

Menu:
_Bread dipped in Olive Oil & Balsalmic vinegar with pepper

- Ceasar Salad (Matt's fav.)

- Chicken Alfredo with heart pasta :)
- Bubbly

- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, yum
- Chocolate Mousse






















Matt pouring the Bubbly!























Mmmm, Chocolate Mousse




This is my goofy hubby... the picture to the right was the most clear shot I got. I was laughing too hard to get a decent, non-blurry picture. Even holding my breath didn't help the shaking . . . good times ;)













Ahhh . . . L'Amore


It all had a very sexy Moroccan feel ...
very romantic night with the man I love!





3 comments:

  1. Very Cute!

    I like the look of your blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another blog family member. I love it. It's so fun to see all the birthday pictures, especially since we couldn't be there. Love that baby Ella in her crown and boa. (spell?) Such a cutie. Did you make the pirate cake? If you did, you are officially mother of the year. :) Love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joll, you go all out!! I think you look simply Gohgeouss darlin! How fun! Hey I'm actually doing posts now on my blog, so check em out! Love you tons

    ReplyDelete